This article contains information on how to build a backfill campaign in Freestar's platform. A backfill campaign is typically an ad for your site or services that fills when there are no buyers for the ad slot so instead of the slot going unfilled, it would be filled with this backfill ad.
Creating a backfill campaign
- Log in to Freestar Analytics dashboard.
- Select the person icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Self-serve Ads.
- Click New Ad Campaign. Use the following criteria to create your campaign:
- Name – Give the campaign a name that you would want to see while searching or reporting. Suggested naming convention: Company Name - Passback
- Type – House
- Floor – 0.00
- Sites – Select the site you would like this backfill campaign to target.
- Leave all other settings as the default settings.
- Click Create Ad Campaign.
- To create a new creative, use the following criteria:
- Name – Defaults to the size of the creative
- Size – Select the size of the ad tag; we suggest you add a creative for each size available that Freestar supports: 728x90, 160x600, 300x250, 300x600, 320x50, 336x280, 468x60, 970x90, 970x250, 320x100
- Kind – Image
- Choose File – Browse to upload your image file that matches the ad size.
- Click-through URL – Add the URL you would like to send the user to if they click your ad.
- Click Add Creative to Campaign.
- Repeat for all other sizes.
The campaign may take a few hours to sync and go live on your site.
If you set the price to greater than $0.00 the revenue for this Passback campaign will appear in Freestar Analytics reporting with the price entered on the campaign. Since this campaign is not paid by Freestar, we will remove the amount on our billing statements from the amount payable to you from Freestar.