It can be helpful to preview how an ad creative will look once it is served on your website, or to be able to provide a link to a client or other team members to review and approve. This article will walk you through the steps needed to preview a line item creative, or to create a preview link that you can then share with an external party or with internal team members.
If you are a Freestar Ad Server customer — if Freestar manages the Google Ad Manager (GAM) account for you — reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with the preview link.
To preview a line item's creative and create a preview link:
- Log in into your Google Ad Manager account.
- Navigate to Delivery > Line Items on the left navigation bar.
- Find the specific line item that corresponds to the campaign you are referring to and select the name of the line item.
- Click the Creative(s) tab (beside Settings).
- Find the specific creative name that corresponds to the campaign you are referring to and select the name of the creative.
- Click on the Preview tab (beside Settings).
- Scroll down and click On site.
- Input the URL where the video will play. Preview page must contain an ad tag that matches the line item's ad unit and size targeting; the system ignores other targeting criteria.
- Click Show Preview URL.
- Copy the URL and provide it to the client or team member for review.
For industry insights and information about our product offerings, check out our blog!
Want to see our products in action? For a demo, fill out a form here.